What are the Stages of PhDResearch
Each and every Ph.D. is unique. You and your friend may be working the same course, in the same laboratory, under the same supervisor, but your Ph.D.'s will be completely different. They will have different research aims, core findings, and own knowledge. Ph.D. assistance in Hyderabad by Bhavathi Technologies assists you to make this unique thesis of yours, the best one.
Ph.D. research stages
The following are the Ph.D. research stages which we think are most common. These form the vast part of the majority of Ph.D. experiences. These stages are:
PREPARATION OF THE RESEARCH PROPOSAL
If said strictly, the research proposal isn't a part of your Ph.D. It is basically an important part of your Ph.D. application process. The research proposal defines the aims and objectives of the Ph.D. It defines the original topic that you are planning to study and the questions you will be answerable to.
A Ph.D. proposal specifies how you are planning to complete the doctorate. This means that even though the proposal isn't the part of the Ph.D. itself, it plays an important role in shaping your thesis.
According to us, a good Ph.D. research proposal includes:
- Definition of a clear question
- A good approach to answering it
- Explanation of how it can add to the existing literature in the field
- Convince the supervisors why are you the appropriate person to do this work
MAKING THE LITERATURE REVIEW
The literature review is the first and the most important thing you will have to tackle after the beginning of your Ph.D. Also, have an initial meeting with your supervisor.
Your literature review doesn't need you to be a scholar in English Literature just like your Ph.D. degree which doesn't need you to be a Philosophy student. The Ph.D. assistance in
Hyderabadwill offer you some direction and some advice, considering which, you will have to evaluate and examine the scholarships and existing data. The literature review forms the basic part of framing up the context of your project before you begin to demonstrate the thesis.
The motive will be to examine how this work can bring out your own research: whether or not it includes the findings you need to consider, or it even reaches results you are planning to challenge. Although most of the Ph.D. part involves the original research, the literature review part is to demonstrate your skills in scholarship. Ph.D. assistance makes you capable of proving yourself the to be professional of your current field. And that after the Ph.D. degree, you are ready to contribute to the growth of your field.
CONDUCTION OF RESEARCH AND COLLECTION OF RESULTS
Now after the literature review, you have to change your motive to research rather than scholarship. From here, your primary concern will be to investigate your own research and finding answers to your own research questions. This will include conducting research according to your topic and draw results accordingly.
There are many types of Ph.D. research:
- In STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics), you will focus on conducting experiments before calculating the conclusions. This basically involves dealing with numerical analysis and carrying out experiments in your laboratory, preferably under the Ph.D. guidance.
- In SOCIAL SCIENCE subjects, you will have to pay more attention to case studies rather than more of numerical analysis and designing surveys which helps produce qualitative and quantitative data.
- In ARTS AND HUMANITIES, there is not much of the raw data provided. So, it's not that you will not be working with hard factual information. But there is nothing to be worried about, Ph.D. guidance in Hyderabad helps you analyze sources, texts according to the methodologies which are accepted by your thesis.
It doesn't matter which field you are working in. The main stress will be given on the research that you conduct. Although you will have to keep on meeting your supervisor on a regular basis but keeping track of your research on a daily basis is your responsibility.
COMPLETION OF MS /M.Tech TO PHD UPGRADE
In some universities, including the majority of UK universities, it's common to get the new Ph.D. students registered for an MS before upgrading them to the full doctorate degree. This may take the time of a year or so. You may feel that they are forcing you to register for a lower degree, but then this is completely for your benefit.
- As a student of MS, you are able to research your field and make new research.
- A Ph.D. student is defined by the research he makes based on the chosen topic and hence allowing his knowledge to contribute to bigger affairs, apart from academics too. This research should be flexible enough that it can be molded according to the future needs of your field.
PRODUCTION OF AN ORIGINAL THESIS
Once the university has confirmed your upgrade hence, you have your full Ph.D. candidacy, you will have to start gathering sufficient knowledge to finalize your thesis.
Your thesis is the form of an argument that you make. It is the conclusion that you have arrived at, with the help of your knowledge from your literature review along with the conclusions of the original research conducted by you.
The dissertation developed by you is the explanation of your thesis. Here you put your research in a systematic way such that it validates your results.
RESEARCH, WRITE-UP AND PRESENTATION
Once you have begun to frame the thesis for your research, you will have to present some segments of your thesis outside the Ph.D. also. This can be done by sharing your research at scholarly seminars. Also, it can mean publishing parts of the analysis in university generals.
Doing this will boost up your confidence as a researcher as your research is accepted for papers and articles. Also, this will help you in preparing for your academic career, if that's what you are thinking of doing. Moreover, publishing your research will also bring feedbacks for your work which can help you further.
WRITING THE DISSERTATION
The Ph.D. assistance in Hyderabadassists you completely in completing your research and the Thesis writing in Hyderabad will not let any flaws to be there in your thesis. So, making sure that you are completely confident about your research and thesis, what's left is, getting it typed out.
Mainly, this is the final step towards completing the Ph.D. Since this includes getting your analysis written up and typed, this is called writing period. Now you will have to write the ultimate dissertation that defines your thesis. This dissertation makes up the initial ground of the viva voce.
We suggest the following structure of Ph.D. dissertation-
- Introduce your topic initially, where you will describe the abstract of the topic that you will go on about and the opinion that you will support.
- This generally leads to the write-up of the literature review of your project. Here you have to emphasize the exclusiveness of your report.
- The chapters that follow, describe your thesis.
- Finally, the conclusion is where the dissertation ends. The conclusion makes up the segment that binds your thesis together with the arguments you have given and the evidence you have provided. You should also try to describe how your findings can contribute to your field.
SUPPPORTING THE WEAK POINTS OF YOUR Ph.D
In most of the degrees, the degree is marked by the written work. But unlike them, the final decision of the Ph.D. is based on the viva voce. In this segment, you need to defend your thesis in front of the appointed examiner.
There are two examiners.
- INTERNAL EXAMINER: he is appointed from your university internally. These examiners may or may not have mentored you for this project but they have the expertise to judge your research.
- EXTERNAL EXAMINER: they are experts in your field. They ask you questions related to the report you have submitted and make sure that you have even the slightest and the broadest knowledge of the subject that you have presented.
Viva voce is basically an oral exam in which you are questioned about the field you have chosen. This segment of the exam aims at making sure that you have complete knowledge of your subject, and that the work submitted by you is actually and really done by you.
The examiners put up questions regarding the conclusions you have given in your dissertation and the frame of motive and logic of the argument you are making.
If you mistakenly have some points in your thesis which are not able to express themselves strongly, they can be questioned about and you may get to defend them.
Ph.D. VIVA RESULTS
- You may pass with no corrections
- You may pass with minor corrections
- You may be given major corrections
- Your thesis may be suggested for an MS.
- You may fail outright
But you don't need to worry about the results when you are dealing with us, one of the best Thesis publications in Hyderabad, Bhavathi Technologies.